This unique and comprehensive volume looks at the study of literature and religion from a contemporary critical perspective. Including discussion of global literature and world religions, this Companion looks at:
- Key moments in the story of religion and literary studies from Matthew Arnold through to the impact of 9/11
- A variety of theoretical approaches to the study of religion and literature
- Different ways that religion and literature are connected from overtly religious writing, to subtle religious readings
- Analysis of key sacred texts and the way they have been studied, re-written, and questioned by literature
- Political implications of work on religion and literature
Thoroughly introduced and contextualised, this volume is an engaging introduction to this huge and complex field.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781135051105 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|