The Routledge Course in Translation Annotation: Arabic-English-Arabic is a key coursebook for students and practitioners of translation studies.
Focusing on one of the most prominent developments in translation studies, annotation for translation purposes, it provides the reader with the theoretical framework for annotating their own, or commenting on others', translations.
- presents a systematic and thorough explanation of translation strategies, supported throughout by bi-directional examples from and into English
- features authentic materials taken from a wide range of sources, including literary, journalistic, religious, legal, technical and commercial texts
- brings the theory and practice of translation annotation together in an informed and comprehensive way
- includes practical exercises at the end of each chapter to consolidate learning and allow the reader to put the theory into practice
- culminates with a long annotated literary text, allowing the reader to have a clear vision on how to apply the theoretical elements in a cohesive way
The Routledge Course in Translation Annotation is an essential text for both undergraduate and postgraduate students of Arabic-English translation and of translation studies.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.4 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317352556 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|