The Routledge Dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses contains one of the most comprehensive listings and descriptions of Egyptian deities. Now in its second edition, it provides:
- a new introduction
- updated entries and four new entries on deities
- names of the deities as Hieroglyphs
- a survey of gods and goddesses as they appear in classical literature
- an expanded chronology and updated bibliography, together with a list of relevant websites
- drawings of the gods and emblems of each district
- a map of ancient Egypt and a time chart
Presenting a vivid picture of the complexity and richness of imagery in Egyptian mythology, students studying Ancient Egypt, travelers, visitors to museums and all those interested in mythology will find this an invaluable resource.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.3 MB|
|Date published: || 2005|
|ISBN: ||9781134284238 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|