While sea cucumber is one of China's and Asia's most prized seafoods, and aquaculture programs are being developed on a huge commercial scale, Chinese expertise and knowledge in this area has not been well disseminated worldwide. The Sea Cucumber Apostichopus japonicus is the first book to bridge this gap by compiling key information related to hatchery and aquaculture techniques, nutritional and medical values, markets, and trade flow of the number one sea cucumber species. It summarizes the historical and most recent developments in the trade and aquaculture of Apostichopus japonicus, as well as important aspects of its anatomy, population dynamics, reproduction, development, physiology, and biochemistry. With sea cucumber harvest and aquaculture booming worldwide, comprehensive knowledge of China's technological breakthroughs in this rapidly expanding field is key. The Sea Cucumber Apostichopus japonicus is essential to understanding the cultural underpinnings of the insatiable market demands for sea cucumber and what drives sea cucumber trade. It also provides biological information and aquaculture techniques that can be adapted to other species, making it a valuable resource for researchers and practitioners involved in sea cucumber harvesting, aquaculture, and conservation.
- Explores the historical and current importance of Apostichopus japonicus in China, Japan, and the two Koreas
- Presents innovative production technologies in sea cucumber aquaculture
- Provides the latest scientific methods to maximize efficiency and production
- Includes important information on the design and operation of farms
- Discusses hot topics, current challenges, and future opportunities in aquaculture
- Highlights important advances in the study of sea cucumbers at the behavioral, cellular, and molecular levels
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||50.0 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006405283 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|