A comprehensive and cross-cultural look at the sociology of education. The text integrates important and diverse topics in the field by showing how they are related. The Sociology of Education: A Systematic Analysis provides a sociological analysis of education using several theoretical approaches. The authors include practical applications and current educational issues to discuss the structure and processes that make education systems work.
- Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Learn diverse theoretical approaches in the sociology of education
- Assess important current or emerging topics, including higher education, informal education ("climate" and the "hidden curriculum"), the school environment, education around the world, and educational movements and alternatives
- Understand how change takes place and what role sociologists play
- Become involved with educational systems where they can put to use the knowledge available in textbooks
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317348498 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|