Adult Faith Formation Library
The Adult Faith Formation Library offers a valuable collection of titles that are a reliable resource for information, formation and transformation in the Catholic tradition.
· Adults in a faith community who would like to grow through spiritual reading and reflection
· Parish/pastoral ministers who seek support in their personal and professional development
· Pastoral teams or school faculties who desire to enrich or further explore their mission
· Individuals who want to deepen their own understanding of the faith
Each volume??s user-friendly format provides
· An introduction to the topic
· Four chapters designed for reading in one sitting/session
· Questions for personal reflection and journaling
· A suggested reading list for further exploration
It often seems that parenting is more an obstacle to genuine spirituality, rather than an avenue to mystery. But in Spirituality of Parenting, Kathy Hendricks asks parents to reflect on their role and to nourish their own spirituality in the midst of their busy and complicated lives. Parents are encouraged to care for their own hearts while navigating the blessings and challenges of family life. Kathy examines four states of the heart: vigilance, joy, heaviness, and hope ??" and each state is anchored in stories from the Hebrew Christian Scriptures and the scriptures of Kathy??s own life. We are then invited to connect our own stories with all our moments of chaos and creation with Kathy??s stories and with her insights. This is a book meant to mark up, underline phrases, and write notes in the margins.
Bob McCarty, D.Min.
National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Twenty-Third Publications/Bayard|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781627851862 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|