The Tectonics of Structural Systems provides an architectural approach to the theory of structural systems. The book combines:
- structural recommendations to follow during the architectural design of various structural systems and
- the tectonic treatment of structural recommendations in architecture.
Written expressly for students, the book makes structures understandable and useful, providing:
- practical and useful knowledge about structures
- a design based approach to the subject of structures and
- a bridge in the gap between structures and the theory of design.
Good architectural examples for each structural system are given in order to demonstrate that tectonics can be achieved by applying technical knowledge about structures. Over 300 illustrations visually unpack the topics being explained, making the book ideal for the visual learner.
|Size: ||10.1 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317518556 (EPUB)|