Run your own Minecraft server: take total control of your Minecraft experience!
What's more fun than playing multiplayer Minecraft? Running your own Minecraft server. Now there's a complete, up-to-date guide to doing just that–even if you have no networking or server experience!
Best-selling tech author Timothy L. Warner covers all you need to know, from the absolute basics to cutting-edge customization. You'll learn from crystal-clear, step-by-step instructions designed for today's newest Minecraft servers.
Warner guides you through prepping your computer and network…installing a basic server and powerful third-party alternatives…welcoming and managing users…protecting against griefing and other attacks…adding powerful plug-ins and mods…using easy subscription hosting services…giving your users a truly awesome game experience.
This book's #1 goal is to help you have more fun with Minecraft. But you'll also master practical skills for a well-paid technology career!
- Gain deep multiplayer Minecraft knowledge for running your server well
- Configure your computer to reliably host Minecraft
- Control your server through the Minecraft Server console
- Connect users, communicate with them, and set rules they must follow
- Master basic networking skills for improving server uptime and performance
- Safeguard your server and users, and prevent griefing
- Simplify complicated mods with integrated modpacks and launchers
- Run on the Realms public cloud—let Minecraft worry about maintenance and security
- Evaluate and choose a third-party hosting provider
- Customize your spawn "lobby" to help new users find their way
- Support multiple worlds and teleportation
- Earn cash with ads, sponsorships, cosmetic upgrades, or VIP access
Minecraft is a trademark of Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB. This book is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB.
Timothy L. Warner is the author of Hacking Raspberry Pi and The Unauthorized Guide to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Repair: A DIY Guide to Extending the Life of Your iDevices!. He is a tech professional who has helped thousands of people become more proficient with technology in business and education. He holds the CompTIA A+ Computer Technician credential and 20 other technical certifications. As Director of Technology for a progressive high school, he created and managed a self-servicing warranty repair shop for all of its Apple hardware. Now an author/evangelist for Pluralsight, he shares Windows PowerShell scripting knowledge at 2minutepowershell.com.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||325.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Que Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134086095 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|