Thermal Stress Analysis of Composite Beams, Plates and Shells: Computational Modelling and Applications presents classic and advanced thermal stress topics in a cutting-edge review of this critical area, tackling subjects that have little coverage in existing resources. It includes discussions of complex problems, such as multi-layered cases using modern advanced computational and vibrational methods.
Authors Carrera and Fazzolari begin with a review of the fundamentals of thermoelasticity and thermal stress analysis relating to advanced structures and the basic mechanics of beams, plates, and shells, making the book a self-contained reference. More challenging topics are then addressed, including anisotropic thermal stress structures, static and dynamic responses of coupled and uncoupled thermoelastic problems, thermal buckling, and post-buckling behavior of thermally loaded structures, and thermal effects on panel flutter phenomena, amongst others.
- Provides an overview of critical thermal stress theory and its relation to beams, plates, and shells, from classical concepts to the latest advanced theories
- Appeals to those studying thermoelasticity, thermoelastics, stress analysis, multilayered structures, computational methods, buckling, static response, and dynamic response
- Includes the authors' unified formulation (UF) theory, along with cutting-edge topics that receive little coverage in other references
- Covers metallic and composite structures, including a complete analysis and sample problems of layered structures, considering both mesh and meshless methods
- Presents a valuable resource for those working on thermal stress problems in mechanical, civil, and aerospace engineering settings
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780124200937 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|