Take Charge of Your Writing--and Dazzle Your Instructors!
It can be a challenge to achieve writing excellence, but it doesn't have to be mysterious, and it's definitely not impossible. To present powerful ideas effectively in your college essays, you need to break away from rigid rules and structures and start thinking on the page.
With this book, you'll learn how to actively engage with a text, analyze it, draw informed conclusions, and then make solid claims about what you have observed. Thinking on the Page will also help you:
Whether you're in college or high school, you need to communicate your ideas effectively through writing. Thinking on the Page provides innovative tools tailored to the way you learn and write, enabling you to produce thoughtful, analytical, and meaningful work, both in school and beyond.
- Think critically about what you're reading and draw questions and ideas directly from the text
- Approach your essay as a story rather than a formula
- Work through your ideas by graphing, listing, charting, and drawing
- Incorporate relevant outside research
- Edit your final essay and polish it to perfection
|Size: ||11.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Writers Digest Books|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781599638737 (EPUB)|