Bert Scalzo and Dan Hotka have written the definitive, up-to-date guide to Version 12.x, Dell's powerful new release of Toad for Oracle. Packed with step-by-step recipes, detailed screen shots, and hands-on exercises, Toad for Oracle Unleashed shows both developers and DBAs how to maximize their productivity.
Drawing on their unsurpassed experience running Toad in production Oracle environments, Scalzo and Hotka thoroughly cover every area of Toad's functionality. You'll find practical insights into each of Toad's most useful tools, from App Designer to Doc Generator, ER Diagrammer to Code Road Map. The authors offer proven solutions you can apply immediately to solve a wide variety of problems, from maintaining code integrity to automating performance and scalability testing.
Learn how to…
- Install and launch Toad, connect to a database, and explore Toad's new features
- Customize Toad to optimize productivity in your environment
- Use the Editor Window to execute SQL and PL/SQL, and view, save, or convert data
- Browse your schema, and create and edit objects
- Quickly generate useful reports with FastReport and Report Manager
- Clarify your database's tables and data with the powerful Entity Relationship Diagrammer (ERD) and HTML documentation generator
- Work more efficiently with PL/SQL using code templates, snippets, and shortcuts
- Automate actions and applications with Automation Designer
- Perform key DBA tasks including database health checks, tablespace management, database and schema comparisons, and object rebuilding
- Identify and optimize poorlyperforming SQL and applications
ON THE WEB:
Download all examples and source code presented in this book from informit.com/title/9780134131856 as it becomes available.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||39.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Sams Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134131894 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|