Top-Down VLSI Design: From Architectures to Gate-Level Circuits and FPGAs represents a unique approach to learning digital design. Developed from more than 20 years teaching circuit design, Doctor Kaeslin's approach follows the natural VLSI design flow and makes circuit design accessible for professionals with a background in systems engineering or digital signal processing. It begins with hardware architecture and promotes a system-level view, first considering the type of intended application and letting that guide your design choices.
Doctor Kaeslin presents modern considerations for handling circuit complexity, throughput, and energy efficiency while preserving functionality. The book focuses on application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), which along with FPGAs are increasingly used to develop products with applications in telecommunications, IT security, biomedical, automotive, and computer vision industries. Topics include field-programmable logic, algorithms, verification, modeling hardware, synchronous clocking, and more.
- Demonstrates a top-down approach to digital VLSI design.
- Provides a systematic overview of architecture optimization techniques.
- Features a chapter on field-programmable logic devices, their technologies and architectures.
- Includes checklists, hints, and warnings for various design situations.
- Emphasizes design flows that do not overlook important action items and which include alternative options when planning the development of microelectronic circuits.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||19.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Morgan Kaufmann|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||2370006354918 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|