Tourism Impacts, Planning and Management is a unique text, which links these three crucial areas of tourism - impacts, planning and management.
Tourism impacts are multi-faceted and therefore are difficult to plan for and manage. This title looks at all the key players involved - be they tourists, host communities or industry members - and considers a number of approaches and techniques for managing tourism impacts successfully.
Now in a third edition, this bestselling text has been fully revised to include:
- New material on: terrorism, sustainability, climate change, sex tourism, heritage tourism, theories of tourism planning and GIS.
- New chapter on Destination Planning and Management
- Updated tourism data and statistics
- Case studies on urban tourism, pro-poor tourism, cruise ship tourism, coral reef tourism, historic monuments, eco-labels, codes of conduct and sustainable tourism from both developed and developing regions, including Australia, Iceland, Spain, the UK, Namibia, the Arctic and Antarctica.
- A companion website including PPTs, video and web links.
The text is written in an accessible style and includes a plethora of features that engage and aid understanding. This accessible yet academically rigorous introduction to tourism impacts, planning and management is essential reading for all tourism students.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||14.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317704379 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|