Trailhead is a witty, fun guide to all things trail running. Veteran trail runner, triathlete, and adventure racer Lisa Jhung offers this illustrated pocket guide to all runners curious about running off road or wanting to run farther into the backcountry. She offers authoritative advice on everything from how to find good trails to run, how to choose the best shoes and clothing, how to carry enough water, and how to stay safe from wildlife and weather.Trailhead includes:
- The allure: Why trail running is good for body and mind
- The essentials: Finding good trails, choosing the best trail running gear, handling trail and weather conditions, what you need to know about nutrition and hydration
- Safety: How to treat (and avoid) common trail running injuries, first aid, animal safety
- Etiquette: Right of way, preserving the trail, when nature calls
- Company: Running alone, with friends, with dogs--or burros!
- Stronger, faster: At-home exercises to enhance your running
- Going long: Preparing for longer trail runs or trail races
Trailhead is a smart, entertaining read as well as a thorough resource for everyone from aspiring trail runners to those looking to get the most out of every trail run, whether in a city park or on a mountain adventure.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||29.2 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781937716660 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|