First Edition a 2013 Doody's Core Title Selection!
Designed as a textbook for the DNP curriculum and as a practical resource for more seasoned health professionals, this acclaimed text encompasses an interprofessional approach to translating evidence into nursing and health care practice that is useful for both clinical and nonclinical environments. The second edition presents six new chapters, three of which feature additional approaches for translating evidence into practice, new methods of information technology for translation, and interprofessional collaboration and teamwork for translation. The three additional chapters offer 18 exemplars that illustrate actual translation work within the areas of population health and specialty practice, and in the health care system. Consistently woven throughout are the themes of integration and application of knowledge into practice, leadership and evaluating change, leadership strategies for translation, and interprofessional applications across settings. Also included is new information about outcomes management for improvement of direct and indirect care.
The second edition continues to deliver applicable theory and strategies to achieve improved outcomes, and meets the DNP core competency requirements. It features a variety of models for change as they relate to translation of research into practice. The text underscores the importance of translating evidence for use in practice to improve health care and health care delivery, and presents strategies to achieve this. It addresses the use of evidence to improve nursing education, discusses how to reduce the divide between researchers and policy makers, and presents expedients for overcoming resistance to change. Extensive lists of references, web links, and other resources enhance learning and support the development of the DNP core competencies.
New to the Second Edition:
- Addition of an esteemed co-editor
- Reorganized and revised for enhanced comprehension
- New chapter: Information Technology: A Foundation and Enabler for Translation of Evidence Into Practice
- New chapter: Interprofessional Collaboration and Teamwork for Translation
- Three New Exemplar Chapters: Population Health; Specialty Practice; and Health Care System (offering Practice Guidelines, Evidence-Based Management, Large-Scale Interprofessional Translation, and Safety/Quality/PI Translation)
- Updated information on integration and application of knowledge into practice, leading and evaluating change, leadership strategies for translation, and interprofessional application across settings
- New coverage of outcomes management for improvement of direct and indirect care
- Offers an in-depth guide for planning, implementing, and translating evidence
- Includes extensive references necessary for doctoral study
- Provides the perfect supplement for evidence-based practice materials that often have limited information or value for translation/implementation activities
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780826117830 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|