The Lefaivre Rainbow Effect is a groundbreaking treatment for those suffering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This strategy is different from most others because it is individually designed for each client and focuses on the cognitive retraining of the brain based on pre-injury lifestyle as well as the organic damage to the brain, rather than the disability alone.
Starting in the community, after the acute and in-patient rehabilitation phases of recovery have been completed, the Lefaivre Rainbow Effect maximizes the recovery process by positioning the TBI survivor to be a motivated participant in the arduous journey of recovery.
- Provides tools and templates for managing the individualized treatment and integration process, including additional material available for download
- Addresses physical, emotional, and cognitive deficits with a strong influence on participation in life activities
- Includes the unique theory of the traumatically induced dysfunctional family, with the aim to preserve the family unit and reduce the overall loss for the survivor of brain injury
- Features a practical approach, including chapter summaries, case studies, diagrams, and templates
- Offers guidance on producing an Independent Medical Evaluation and preparing effectively for cross examination in recognition of the adversarial aspect of many TBI cases
This essential text demonstrates how rehabilitation professionals, including occupational therapists, doctors, nurses, social workers, speech pathologists, and neuropsychologists, can use the Lefaivre Rainbow Effect in their practices to improve therapeutic outcomes for their clients.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781482228267 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|