About This Book
- Tackle the issues you come across in keeping your Ubuntu server up and running
- Build server machines and troubleshoot cloud computing related issues using Open Stack
- Discover tips and best practices to be followed for minimum maintenance of Ubuntu Server 3
Who This Book Is For
This book is for a vast audience of Linux system administrators who primarily work on Debian-based systems and spend long hours trying to fix issues with the enterprise server.
What You Will Learn
- Deploy packages and their dependencies to repositories
- Set up your own DNS and network for Ubuntu Server
- Authenticate and validate users and their access to various systems and services
- Maintain, monitor, and optimize your server's resources and avoid overloading the server
- Get to know about processes, assigning and changing priorities, and running processes in the background
- Optimize your shell with tools and provide users with an improved shell experience
- Set up separate environments for various services and run them safely in isolation
- Understand, build, and deploy OpenStack on your Ubuntu Server
Ubuntu is fast becoming one of the favorite Linux flavors for many enterprises and is being adopted on a large scale. It supports a wide variety of common network systems and the use of standard Internet services, including file serving, e-mail, DNS, and database management.
This book will help from cover to cover, from setting up your new Ubuntu Server to learning the best practices for hosting OpenStack without any hassle. You will be able to control the priority of jobs, restrict or allow user access to certain services, deploy packages, tackle issues related to the server effectively, and reduce downtime.
Also, you will learn how to set up OpenStack, and manage and monitor its services, while tuning your machine with best practices. You will also learn about virtualization to make services serve users more effectively. Chapter by chapter, you will learn to add new features and functionalities and make your Ubuntu Server a full-fledged, production-ready system.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781782175025 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|