TV Technical Operations is an introduction for new entrants to the broadcast industry and is designed to prepare them for working in mainstream television by discussing essential techniques, technologies and work attitudes.
The author explores:
* the need to develop a professional approach
* the occupational skills needed to meet deadlines, work under pressure and within budget
* the importance of understanding the potential of broadcast equipment in program making
* the need to keep up to date with the technique and technology
* the responsibility to ensure continuity of experience and training in all craft skills that technical operators are required to work with
* the need to maintain a critical appraisal of what and who influences working practices and how these influences affect production and viewers
* an introduction to the basic skills needed to work as a multi-skilling technical operator in television
* an introduction to broadcast equipment in general production use
Peter Ward is a freelance cameraman and camerawork trainer working with international training and television consultancy. He was formerly head of cameras at Television South West.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Focal Press|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9781136056253 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|