This second edition of Understanding Chinese Society provides a comprehensive, readable, and well-grounded introduction to the key issues affecting contemporary China. A thorough analysis is undertaken not only of China's family patterns, education system, status, hierarchy, and ethnic diversity, but also of China's mass media, legal system and social control, work, and cultural expression. As well as being thoroughly updated and revised throughout, this edition offers new chapters on urbanization, the environment, and civil society in China.
A team of international experts guide students though social issues including:
- What are the key features of the family and marriage institutions in China?
- How are women and men faring differently in Chinese society today?
- How are minorities faring in China?
- How does the education system differentiate Chinese society?
- How are religion and cultural traditions expressed?
Including handy pedagogical features such as a chronology of the People's Republic of China, further reading suggestions, and related novels and films, Understanding Chinese Society is suitable for anyone studying Chinese Culture and Society, Chinese Studies and Asian sociology.
|Size: ||1.2 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317422952 (EPUB)|