About This Book
- Compose richer games by learning the essential concepts in artificial intelligence with exciting examples
- Explore the brand new Unity 5 features that make implementing artificial intelligence in your game easier than ever
- Using this practical guide become a competent Unity 3D developer by learning AI techniques, methods and the applicability of AI
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for Unity developers with a basic understanding of C# and the Unity editor. Whether you're looking to build your first game or are looking to expand your knowledge as a game programmer, you will find plenty of exciting information and examples of game AI in terms of concepts and implementation.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic terminology and concepts in game AI
- Implement a basic finite state machine using state machine behaviors in Unity 5
- Create sensory systems for your AI with the most commonly used techniques
- Implement an industry-standard pathfinding system and a navigation mesh with the Unity 5 NavMesh feature
- Build believable and highly-efficient artificial flocks and crowds
- Create a basic behavior tree to drive a character's actions
- Make your characters more engaging by implementing fuzzy logic concepts in your AI's decision-making
- Tie all the concepts together with examples and guides
Unity 5 provides game and app developers with a variety of tools to implement artificial intelligence. Leveraging these tools via Unity's API or built-in features allows limitless possibilities when it comes to creating your game's worlds and characters.
This book helps you break down artificial intelligence into simple concepts to give you a fundamental understanding of the topic to build upon. Using a variety of examples, the book then takes those concepts and walks you through actual implementations designed to highlight key concepts and features related to game AI in Unity 5. Along the way, several tips and tricks are included to make the development of your own AI easier and more efficient.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841876 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|