In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours will help you master the Unity 5 game engine at the heart of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Kerbal Space Program, and many other sizzling-hot games!
This book??s straightforward, step-by-step approach teaches you everything from the absolute basics through sophisticated game physics, animation, and mobile device deployment techniques. Every lesson builds on what you??ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success.
- Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Unity game development tasks.
- Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
- Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
- Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions.
Learn how to…
- Get up and running fast with the Unity 5 game engine and editor
- Work efficiently with Unity??s graphical asset pipeline
- Make the most of lights and cameras
- Sculpt stunning worlds with Unity??s terrain and environmental tools
- Script tasks ranging from capturing input to building complex behaviors
- Quickly create repeatable, reusable game objects with prefabs
- Implement easy, intuitive game user interfaces
- Control players through built-in and custom character controllers
- Build realistic physical and trigger collisions
- Leverage the full power of Unity??s Mecanim animation system
- Integrate complex audio into your games
- Use mobile device accelerometers and multi-touch displays
- Modify desktop games for mobile platforms
- Apply the “finishing touches” and deploy your games
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||Sams Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134272139 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|