About This Book
- Design and develop interactive and professional user interfaces (UIs) for games in Unity
- Discover how to implement and deal with various in-game UI elements that will impress your players
- This practical recipe guide will help you to efficiently create powerful and remarkable UIs using C# code
Who This Book Is For
If you are a game developer with some experience with Unity and C# and want to create the best interactive experience fast and intuitively, then this book is for you. If you are an intermediate game developer or an expert, these recipes will help you bring out the power of the new UI Unity system.
What You Will Learn
- Implement different kinds of counters and health bars
- Deal with timers and find out how to format them
- Animate and create lively UI elements
- Handle runtime customizations
- Add complex heads-up display (HUDs)
- Design and implement 3D UIs
- Integrate minimaps within the UI
With the increasing interest in game development, it is essential to design and implement a User Interface (UI). Unity can be used to create complex and aesthetically pleasing UIs. In fact, by integrating them along with C# scripts, it is possible to create impressive and extraordinary UIs.
If you are planning to use Unity to develop games, this cookbook is an invaluable collection of recipes. Starting with basic concepts, each recipe will guide you through creating complex interfaces. Interactive and easy-to-follow recipes will help you to create and implement UIs that will make your game an exhilarating experience.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007241491 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|