Full Color: Figures and code appear as they do in Visual Studio.
Universal Windows apps are a total game-changer. You can now write once and deploy your app to any modern PC, tablet, phone, or other Windows device. Suddenly, it's quick and easy to serve new devices and form factors, sharing unified assets ranging from code to styles to user controls. It has never been easier to reach multiple-device markets!
Now, the world's #1 expert on Microsoft XAML brings together all the knowledge Windows developers need to build universal apps that adapt smoothly for any device running Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1, or their successors. Drawing on his unsurpassed personal experience and direct input from Microsoft's Windows and Visual Studio teams, Adam Nathan illuminates core development concepts, answers your most important questions, and candidly assesses the technology's strengths and limitations.
This full-color guide walks you through every key task involved in building a universal Windows app: layout and input, working with the app model, using advanced controls, leveraging XAML's powerful rich media features, and much more.
Detailed information on how to...
- Quickly build universal, localized apps that exploit the vast global scale of the Windows Store
- Size, position, and transform elements within layouts that gracefully adapt to different devices
- Handle input from touch, mouse, pen, keyboard, and any sensor
- Monetize apps with Windows Store sales, in-app purchases, and advertising
- Make the most of controls for managing content, items, text, images, media, speech, and more
- Create efficient 2D vector graphics and animations
- Use styles, templates, and visual states to redesign controls without losing functionality
- Bind data sources to simplify data presentation and updates
- Easily integrate data from apps, users, and networks
- Support Windows app commands: Search, Share, Print, Play, Project, Settings
- Use contracts to build apps that cooperate to perform complex tasks
- Improve the user experience even when your app isn't running
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||14.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Sams Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134036342 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|