About This Book
- Use the Physics Asset Tool within Unreal Engine 4 to develop game physics objects for your game world
- Explore the Collision mechanics within Unreal Engine 4 to create advanced, real-world physics
- A step-by-step guide to implementing the Physics concepts involved in Unreal Engine 4 to create a working Vehicle Blueprint
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for beginner to intermediate users of Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4, who want to learn more about how to implement physics within their game world.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know basic to intermediate topics in mathematics and physics
- Create assets using the Physics Asset Tool (PhAT) in Unreal Engine 4
- Develop Collision Hulls, which are necessary to take advantage of Unreal Engine 4's physics and collision events
- Use constraints to create advanced physics-based assets for your game world
- Gain working knowledge of physics bodies, physics damping, and friction in Unreal Engine 4
- Develop physical materials to recreate real-world friction for substances such as glass and ice
- Create a working vehicle blueprint from scratch, using assets provided by Unreal Engine 4
- Implement multiple physical elements and materials to simulate complex behavior over the objects in your game
Unreal Engine 4 is one of the world's leading game development tools, used by both AAA and independent developers alike to create breathtaking games.
Discover how to manipulate physics in Unreal Engine 4 by learning basic real-world mathematical and physics concepts that assist in the implementation of physics-based objects in your game world. Then, be introduced to the PhAT (Physics Asset Tool) in Unreal Engine 4 to learn more about developing game physics objects for your game world.
Next, dive into Unreal Engine 4's collision generation, physical materials, blueprints, constraints, and more to get hands-on experience with the tools provided by Epic to create real-world physics in Unreal Engine 4. Lastly, create a working Vehicle Blueprint that uses all the concepts covered in this book, as well as covering advanced physics-based topics.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841814 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|