Stay Safe in the City
Here's the book that won't advise you to flee the city and set up a homestead to avoid potential disasters. With many other survival-planning resources emphasizing that approach, urban dwellers that plan to stay put in the city, no matter the circumstances, have been overlooked. Not only do 58 percent of Americans live in cities, but certain risks are higher in cities than elsewhere.
Urban Emergency Survival Plan delivers a common-sense approach to urban survival planning rather than advocating that city survivalists need to figure out a way to grow an acre of food, raise goats, and build an underground bunker. The clearly outlined approach here will help you to reduce the risks inherent in disasters that occur in well-populated areas.
Inside you'll find:
Discover the skills you'll need to weather any storm, whether you live in an apartment, townhouse, condominium, single-family home or any other urban setting. With planning and practice, you'll gain the confidence to always feel safe in the city.
- Packing lists for get-home bags, everyday carry items for adults and kids and bug-out bags
- An overview of threats that face an urban area and instructions for planning safe travel during and after disasters, as well as how to plan a temporary escape
- Instructions for sheltering in place at work
- Chapters on food storage and water procurement in urban areas with emphasis on limited space and budget
- A detailed chapter on security options in urban areas
- A detailed chapter on sanitation, first aid and shelter
- Ideas for how to respond and cooperate with government disaster plans
- Photos of important survival gear
|Size: ||2.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Living Ready|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781440334153 (DRM-EPUB)|