Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet's Best Trips series. To kick-start your perfect Americana adventure, our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips (A Sampler)' features seven of our all-time favorite excursions, excerpted from each of our seven Best USA Trips guides. This sampler offers a taste of the iconic sights, awe-inspiring beauty, and hidden gems that awaits along each region's highways. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips (A Sampler):
- Get inspired - highlights, expert recommendations, gorgeous photography
- Discover even more - detours, local secrets, walking routes, ways to link trips
- Get around easily - full-color maps of featured routes, detailed directions, practical tips
- Planning advice to help you design your ideal road trip
- Michigan's Gold Coast (From USA's Best Trips)
Caribbean-blue lake vistas, surfing beaches, dunes, wineries, orchards, Dutch kitsch, French colonial outposts
- Zion & Bryce National Parks (From Southwest USA's Best Trips)
Crimson monoliths, slot canyons, river walks, pioneer ruins, Old West kitsch, artisan galleries
- Hudson Valley (From New York & the Mid-Atlantic's Best Trips)
Breathtaking nature just beyond Manhattan, forested parks, historical sites, lavish Gilded Age mansions
- Florida's Highway 1 (From Florida & the South's Best Trips)
Fascinating history, dazzling white beaches, swamps and wildlife, colorful art-deco streets, Latin flavor
- Pacific Coast Highways (From California's Best Trips)
Iconic beaches, stunning cliffs, redwood forests, seafood shacks, prime sunset-watching spots
- Highway 101 Oregon Coast (From Pacific Northwest's Best Trips)
Quaint seaside towns, colorful tide pools, lighthouses, exhilarating ocean views
- Coastal New England (From New England's Best Trips)
Fishing villages, historic mansions perched at ocean's edge, whale-watching, maritime museums
There's More in Store for You:
- Once you pick the region you want to explore, check out the related Best Trips guide for additional itineraries, detailed recommendations, and in-depth, expert planning advice. Each guide features around 30 of regional routes, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures. Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere entirely new, Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides will ensure you have an amazing time.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland and our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||34.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Lonely Planet|
|Date published: || 2013|
|ISBN: ||9781743219607 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|