About This Book
- Design a Virtual SAN infrastructure from selecting hardware to full capacity.
- Deploy and manage a software-defined storage solution with VMware Virtual SAN
- Prepare for architectural and scale changes as your enterprise grows and develops
Who This Book Is For
If you are an administrator of a VMware vSphere infrastructure who wants to simplify storage delivery by integrating storage into vSphere, Virtual SAN is for you. No extensive storage background is needed as VMware Virtual SAN integrates into the existing vSphere solutions with which you are already familiar.
What You Will Learn
- Prepare your infrastructure for VMware Virtual SAN
- Plan and build a solution that will suit your needs
- Implement VMware Virtual SAN
- Harness the power of policy-based management
- Increase or decrease the scale of your Virtual SAN as needs change
- Monitor your Virtual SAN infrastructure effectively
- Respond to and troubleshoot problems
- Understand the technical underpinnings of VMware Virtual SAN
VMware Virtual SAN is a radically simple, hypervisor-converged storage system designed and optimized for vSphere virtual infrastructure. Traditional storage solutions such as monolithic storage arrays and complex management tools are often ill-suited to the needs of the modern data center. Software-defined storage solutions, such as VMware Virtual SAN, integrate the storage side of the infrastructure with the server side and can simplify management and improve flexibility.
You will start with an introduction to VSAN and object storage, before moving on to hardware selection. Later, you will go through the preparation that must be performed in your existing infrastructure to support the pending VSAN deployment. Next, you will touch base with Storage Policy-based Management and also cover policy changes, maintenance, validation, and troubleshooting VSAN. Finally, you will move on to recipes which will help expedite the problem resolution process that will provide you with all the information required to find a rapid resolution.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799696 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|