Looking to select a web content management system (CMS), but confused about the promises, terminology, and buzzwords? Do you want to understand content management without having to dive into the underlying programming? This book provides a clear, unbiased overview of the entire CMS ecosystem??"from platforms to implementations??"in a language- and platform-agnostic manner for project managers, executives, and new developers alike.
Author Deane Barker, a CMS consultant with almost two decades of experience, helps you explore many different systems, technologies, and platforms. By the end of the book, you??ll have the knowledge necessary to make decisions about features, architectures, and implementation methods to ensure that your project solves the right problems.
- Learn what content is, how to compare different systems, and what the roles of a CMS team are
- Understand how a modern CMS models and aggregates content, coordinates workflow, and manages assets
- Explore the scope and structure of a CMS implementation project
- Learn the process and best practices for successfully running your CMS implementation
- Examine the practice of migrating web content, and learn how to work with an external CMS integrator
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||6.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781491908082 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|