About This Book
- Configure your development environment to use Node.js and MongoDB
- Use Node.js to connect to a MongoDB database and perform data manipulations
- A practical guide with clear instructions to design and develop a complete web application from start to finish
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Configure a development environment to use Node.js and MongoDB
- Write and configure a web server using Node.js powered by the Express.js framework
- Build dynamic HTML pages using the Handlebars template engine
- Persist application data using MongoDB and Mongoose ODM
- Test your code using automated testing tools such as the Mocha framework
- Deploy the development environment to the cloud using services such as Heroku, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure
- Explore Single-Page application frameworks to take your web applications to the next level
Node.js and MongoDB are quickly becoming one of the most popular tech stacks for the Web. Node.js caters to easily building fast, scalable network applications while MongoDB is the perfect fit as a high-performance, open source NoSQL database solution. Using these two technologies together, web applications can be built quickly, easily, and deployed to the cloud with little difficulty.
The book will begin by introducing you to the groundwork needed to set up the development environment. Here, you will quickly run through the steps necessary to get the main application server up and running.
The book will take you through integration with third-party tools for interaction with web apps. It then moves on to show you how to use controllers and view models to generate reusable code that reduces development time. You will cover tests to properly execute the code.
By the end of the book, you will have a running web application developed with MongoDB and Node.js along with their popular frameworks.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785287459 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|