From getting back to nature with a tent, some matches and a few litres of bottled water, to enjoying a pub dinner and camping out in the garden afterwards, this book shows how to get stuck into wild camping in all its forms. Beautiful wildernesses; tiny budgets; environmentally-friendly? What's not to like?
There's an idea that wild camping is illegal in Britain, but it isn't ?? you just need to know the rules and where to go. This guide will open up this amazing experience for all, covering:
- what is wild camping and why bother?
- different types (biviing, tenting, hammocking, on the water)
- what the law says (Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales, Ireland, EU, waterways)
- how many of the largest landowners in the UK are actively encouraging wild camping
- getting started (vital equipment, where to go, when to go, safety)
- drinking water and foraging for food
The bulk of the book (80%) features the best places to go in England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland, along with stories, tips, helpful maps and inspiring photos. This guide will give readers the knowledge and the inspiration to escape the noise, clutter and stress of day to day life and go
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||159.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Adlard Coles|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781472900357 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|