About This Book
- Explore scripting and automation techniques with Windows PowerShell
- Gain concrete knowledge of Windows PowerShell scripting to perform professional level scripting
- Discover the benefits of the Configuration Management Platform with this step-by-step guide that includes real-world scripting examples
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT professional or developer who has worked on the .NET platform and want to learn about automation using Windows PowerShell, then this book is for you. This guide takes you from the basics and gradually progresses to an intermediate level to show you how to perform professional scripting.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the concepts of building PowerShell scripts and the basics of programming
- Manage the LYNC, Exchange, and SharePoint platforms
- Create a Pull server using SMB file sharing and HTTP or HTTPS
- Use .NET classes in Windows PowerShell and C# to manage Exchange Online
- Use PowerShell in C# to manage Exchange Online and work with .NET classes in PowerShell
- Automate LYNC clients, and consume Client Side Object Models to administer SharePoint Online
Windows PowerShell for .NET Developers, Second Edition is your guide to perform automation using Windows PowerShell. This book will help you to understand PowerShell syntax and will also teach you techniques for removing the rough edges of manual deployments. Packed with PowerShell scripts and sample C# codes to automate tasks, it also includes real-world scenarios such as administrating office servers and client side automation to help you save time and perform deployments or troubleshooting swiftly and efficiently.
The book begins with the Windows PowerShell basics, explores the significant features of Windows Management Framework 5.0, covers the basic concepts of Desired State Configuration, and looks at the importance of idempotent deployments.
By the end of the book, you will have a good understanding of Windows PowerShell's features and will be able to automate your tasks and manage configurations effectively.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007153572 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|