Are you easily overwhelmed by your emotions? Is stress hurting your relationships and getting in the way of reaching your goals? With Wise Mind Living, esteemed psychotherapist and Columbia University professor Dr. Erin Olivo presents an in-depth resource that empowers us to stop struggling with emotions like fear, anger, shame, and sadness-and discover the doorway to better health and increased fulfillment in every area of our lives.
"When you're living in balance between your emotions and logic, you're experiencing Wise Mind Living," explains Dr. Olivo. "It's when you have the confidence to deal with difficult decisions or situations because you're in charge-not your emotions." The teachings and practices in this book give you a new understanding of the physiology of emotions and the debilitating effects of stress. Dr. Olivo provides mindfulness-based exercises and lifestyle skills to help us change the way we think, feel, and behave in situations where stress and anxiety arise, and gives practical instruction in putting it all together to manage your emotions for health and well-being.
Wise Mind Living invites you to explore:
- Mindfulness-what it is and how to practice it
- Combining the strategies of change and acceptance
- The universal structure of all emotional experience
- Becoming fluent with the eight core categories of emotion
- Why there is no such thing as a "negative" emotion
- The Wise Mind Review to objectively observe your experiences
- Overcoming conditioned responses and knee-jerk reactions
- Relinquishing struggle as the pathway to change
- Plus, step-by-step instruction in Dr. Olivo's six-week Wise Mind Living program
For anyone looking to get a handle on stress and anxiety once and for all, Wise Mind Living gives you a practical resource to help you navigate life's difficulties with balance, confidence, and inner peace.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Sounds True, Inc|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781622033836 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|