First Edition Designated a Doody's Core Title!
Praise for the First Edition:
"[A] comprehensive resource oriented to advanced nursing students, but one that also will interest women wishing to learn more about their health...
The volume also covers nutrition, exercise, sexuality, infertility...and other chronic illnesses and disabilities. A wonderful resource. Summing up: Highly recommended."
The second edition of this authoritative women's health text and reference for graduate nursing students is replete with the vital information needed to help nurse practitioners provide optimal health to women of all ages. Edited by a team of highly distinguished scholars and educators, this revised edition retains its distinctive theme of women's health considerations viewed through a socio-cultural lens. Filled with cutting-edge information about health promotion and symptom management, the text is completely reorganized to ensure optimal accessibility of its robust and multi-dimensional content. Eighteen new chapters address genetics, environmental and occupational health promotion, health considerations for female caregivers, prenatal and postpartum care, transgender care, health for special populations, urologic health concerns, dementia care, and more. An instructor toolkit includes multiple resources to enhance critical thinking.
The resource examines women's health through a variety of theoretical frameworks such as feminism, feminist theory (including the intersectionality of women's identity and the consequences for health), and globalization. The second edition also continues to address prevention, relevant legal issues, health throughout the lifespan, nutrition and exercise, sleep difficulties, mental health, LGBTQ health considerations, fertility, substance abuse, violence against women, and dozens of specific health disorders affecting women.
New to the Second Edition:
- Updated to include the most current and cutting-edge topics in women's health
- Includes 18 new chapters addressing health promotion and symptom management
- Provides robust instructor toolkit to foster critical thinking
- Organized to enhance easy retrieval of numerous clinical topics
- Includes theoretical frameworks for women's health, health promotion and prevention, and women's health management
- Presents brand-new information on genetics, transgender health, endocrine-related problems, health considerations for caregivers, and dementia care
- Distills cutting edge information on women's health issues through a social-cultural framework
- Offers a comprehensive investigation of all key topics in women's health
- Edited by renowned scholar/educators for advance practice nursing students
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||26.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780826194312 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|