About This Book
- Build ten different types of website using WordPress
- Transfer your static site to WordPress and create sites to make money, build communities, and share your ideas
- The projects in the book will teach you how to use free themes and plugins without any prior coding experience
Who This Book Is For
WordPress 4.0 Site Blueprints, Second Edition is suitable for new or experienced WordPress users. You don't need to be a PHP developer or have ever created a WordPress theme or plugin. Instead, the book will help you use themes and plugins (all free) to create a wide range of sites. Familiarity with the WordPress interface will help you but you don't need to be able to write code.
What You Will Learn
- Migrate your old static site to WordPress
- Create a network of sites for other people to work with each other
- Build a great store using the free WooCommerce plugin
- Create a video streaming site linked to YouTube
- Create a review site for products, services, or anything you like
- Create a jobs board so people can post jobs and apply for them
- Create websites that focus on networking such as a social media site, a communications center for your team, and a membership site to build a community
- Create a beautiful gallery site to showcase your photography
WordPress is the world's most popular content management system (CMS) and you can use it to create any kind of site you or your clients need.
This book will take you through the process of creating 10 popular kinds of site using WordPress with free plugins and themes. After learning how to migrate your static site to WordPress in the first chapter, you will then explore the world of social networking websites, followed by focusing on e-commerce. Without writing code, you'll be able to create a store, a video streaming site, a team communications site, a jobs board, and more.
This book is a one-stop solution to resolve all your worries about creating a website that will give your users the best possible experience.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||18.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841791 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|