About This Book
- Build and test multi-view Android applications using Xamarin.
- Work with device capabilities such as location sensors and the camera
- A progressive, hands-on guide to develop stunning Android applications using Xamarin
Who This Book Is For
If you are a C# developer who wants to develop Android apps and enhance your existing skill set, then this book is ideal for you. A good working knowledge of C#, .NET, and object-oriented software development is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Build a multi-view, orientation-aware Android application using the LinearLayout, RelativeLayout, and TableLayout managers
- Use a ListView and ListAdapter to build collection view from server data
- Consume REST web services to perform the GET, UPDATE, and DELETE operations
- Use Fragment, ListFragment, and DialogFragment to make the app compatible for Android tablets
- Use Android SQLite for data persistence and caching
- Use device camera to capture photo and upload to server using HTTP multipart uploading
- Capture the current location of a device using GPS, determine the street address, and integrate with the map app
- Test, debug, and deploy an Android app
Technology trends come and go, but few have generated the excitement, momentum, or long-term impact that mobile computing has. Mobile computing impacts people's lives at work and at home on a daily basis. Many companies and individual developers are looking to become a part of the movement but are unsure how to best utilize their existing skills and assets. The Xamarin suite of products provides new opportunities to those who already have a significant investment in C# development skills and .NET code bases, and would like to enter into this new, exciting world.
This example-oriented guide provides a practical approach to quickly learn the fundamentals of Android app development using C# and Xamarin.
Android. It will lead you through building an Android app step-by-step with steadily increasing complexity before finally deploying it to the various Android app stores.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785280634 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|