About This Book
- Create Android applications with C# and Xamarin
- Reuse your Android application to develop iOS and Windows Phone applications
- Leverage the easy-to-succeed recipes to exploit the latest Android releases and develop new applications
Who This Book Is For
This book is for C# developers who want to be able to create cross-platform mobile applications and, more particularly, Android applications.
What You Will Learn
- Build a GUI for your Android applications
- Explore Android activities and understand configuration changes
- Manage multiscreens, icons, and multimedia in your applications
- Start and bind Android services and create notifications
- Create beautiful applications using a camera and animations
- Effectively leverage your phone's hardware with applications
- Integrate advertisements and select the right advertisement providers for your applications
Multiplatform applications have taken the development world by storm. Xamarin Studio is emerging as the preferred choice among .NET/C# developers. It enables them to design cross-platform applications using their favorite language and IDE.
Starting with introducing Xamarin Studio, its underlying technologies, and the Android ecosystem, the book goes on to cover the graphical aspects of creating Android applications. Moving on, you will learn more about data management with Android services. This is followed by techniques for interacting with the Android OS and the phone's hardware, before concluding with mobile advertisements and Google Play. By the end of this book, you will have discovered all the techniques related to developing an Android application with Xamarin Studio.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007241699 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|