Packed with practical advice, this hands-on guide provides valuable information you need to most effectively optimize and manage the XenServer open source virtualization platform. Whether you run a modest installation of a few blades or multiple global enterprise datacenters, this book focuses on the most critical issues you??re likely to encounter when designing a XenServer deployment and helps you handle day-to-day management tasks.
Tim Mackey and J.K. Benedict from Citrix Systems, the company that manages XenServer, show you how to design a deployment through best practices, deployment blueprints, and installation guidelines. The book??s second part features concise, easy-to-implement recipes for day-to-day management, such as user rights, backup strategies, and hardware maintenance.
- Learn precisely what makes a XenServer work, and how it can host 1000 virtual machines
- Explore the core components of a production XenServer environment
- Investigate several options on how and where to install XenServer
- Examine several factors for "right sizing" your XenServer deployment to fit your needs
- Work with a decision tree to optimize your XenServer deployment design
- Understand how to accommodate guest VM virtualization modes
- Use recipes that help you plan for, obtain, and apply XenServer upgrades
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.5 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781491935392 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|