About This Book
- Improve your programming experience and become a full stack developer
- Master real-life web applications, and create and manage four different projects
- Step-by-step guidance to develop real-world web applications smoothly
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who wants to discover and explore the Yii framework. Basic experience with PHP and object-oriented programming is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic concepts, installation, and customization of Yii
- Discover models, controllers, and views—concepts applied in a web context—and how they are employed in Yii
- Use ActiveRecord to manipulate a database
- Add access control to your web application through authentication and authorization
- Install and customize an advanced template for multiple applications in the same project
- Create a RESTful Web Service to allow remote access to data
- Develop a console application to launch a command in the console as an automated task (cron job)
- Make code reusable through widgets and components and localize text messages to make a multilanguage web app
Yii is a high-performance PHP framework best used for developing Web 2.0 applications. It provides fast, secure, and professional features for creating robust projects.
This book contains a series of practical project examples for developers starting from scratch, covering Yii's basic concepts, such as controllers and views, and creating your first application, a simple news reader. You will learn to configure URL rules to make a pretty URL, essential for search engine optimization. Next, you will walk through Model and ActiveRecord, key concepts in database interaction.
You will also develop a reservation system that allows you to manage rooms, customers, and reservations. Finally, you will move on to the last two applications: one that allows connections from remote clients through the RESTful components of Yii2, and another that creates and organizes automatic tasks using the console application structure of Yii2.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006841746 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|