HOW DO YOU MAKE IT IN BUSINESS?
STOP LISTENING AND START WATCHING
Your Body at Work is a guide to seeing past the words that fill the hallways, conference rooms, and e-mails of your workplace, and to deciphering the hidden meanings that lie behind them. Through real-life examples from the world of business, and with background from the science of communication, you'll learn to sight-read colleagues and use your own body language to your best advantage. You'll find out:
• How a co-worker's hands, much more than her words, tell you how she felt about your presentation
• Why gestures at a meeting are more memorable than words
• When a shrug of the shoulders can mean the difference between "job well done" and "job could be better"
• How to train a nosy boss to back off--without uttering a single word
• What your shoes and your hair may be saying about your commitment to the job
• Why you'll find more smiley-face stickers in cubicles than in corner offices
David Givens has been a consultant to some of the biggest companies in the United States. With his expertise, he'll help you look past the words so you can really read your workplace.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||538 KB|
|Publisher: ||St. Martin's Griffin|
|Date published: || 2010|
|ISBN: ||9781429965545 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|American Samoa, Canada, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Philippines, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands (U.S.)|