If you are a fan of magic involving memorized decks or algorithmic stacks, you may wish to check out the following manuscript, called The Bart Harding Secret
. As many of you may know, Darwin Ortiz
published a method of transforming a deck from New Deck Order (NDO) into Si Stebbins order, which he called the The Si Stebbins Secret. Similarly, the Bart Harding Secret describes how to transform a deck from NDO to the Bart Harding Stack (BHS). Although the Si Stebbins stack is highly versatile, one drawback is that it does not look very random, and so many magicians will not use it for effects in which the spectators will see the faces of the cards. By contrast, the BHS sequence looks completely random, and thus overcomes this issue. And now, with the Bart Harding Secret you can quickly and easily (albeit with some practice) take a deck from NDO to BHS (and vice versa).
The Bart Harding Stack is an algorithmic based card stack with its own set of characteristics which will make certain effects much easier to perform.
- Memorized Decks and Algorithmic Stacks
- The Bart Harding Stack (BHS)
- The BHS and its Algorithm
- The Modified Bart Harding Stack
- Determining "The Next Card"
- Going from NDO to BHS (and vice versa)
- Going from NDO to Sorted Order
- From Sorted Order to BHS by Dealing
- From BHS to Sorted Order by Dealing
- From Sorted Order to BHS by Faros and Cuts
- From BHS to Sorted Order by Faros and Cuts
1st edition 2014, 14 pages.
word count: 4461 which is equivalent to 17 standard pages of text