Customer rank: +2
This is the fourth e-book in this series of Classic Card effects. Check out Classic Card Magic I
, and III
. Included are six more classics of card magic that will truly elevate your performances to another level. Look what's included:
1) THE KANNIBAL KARDS - This is probably the greatest and most entertaining routine of all time. The full routine, all sleights and all of the patter is included with a fantastic ending. Every magician should perform this excellent routine...it is truly a monster.
BONUS! Learn the real deal of the Ascanio Spread. This important sleight scares some people...but Paul will teach you some nice finesses and a sure-fire method of keeping the 'hidden' cards from breaking - and it works...every time.
2) 8 CARD BRAINWAVE - Nick Trost's greatest creation. Have a spectator think of any of a variety of eight cards and you prove that you knew ahead of time which card he/she would pick. Paul adds some really funny patter to make this entertaining routine a big hit every time.
3) 4 ACE TRICK - This forgotten routine is a self-working "Spectator Cuts the Aces" by Martin Gardner that is a real 'gem'. The spectator does all the work and finds the four Aces. Easy to do and amazing!
4) PSYCHOTIC BLUFF ACES - An Ace assembly - the Aces "fly" to the leader position - then all of the Aces jump back to their original positions and the Ace of Spades at the leader disappears and all the cards change to Jacks.
5) I WOULDN'T LIE - A very cool principle of magic is exploited to produce an impossible Lie Detector Test...plus a comedic ending.
6) EX POST TRANSPO - A very nice blend of fairly easy sleights in conjunction with the above principle that will produce an unbelievable result. This is a lesson in combining different sleights in different ways to produce a variety of outcomes that will amaze your spectators.
1st edition 2016, 27 pages.
word count: 9606 which is equivalent to 38 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Michael Lyth (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Tuesday 20 September, 2016
THE KANNIBAL KARDS is the reason for my purchase of this quality work other accompanying effect are practical too well done to the author.
Reviewed by Enrico Varella
★★★★★ Date Added: Tuesday 24 May, 2016
I love this series of card magic! I would definitely recommend new card-workers to focus on these classics. What Paul has done in this instalment, in his signature style, is re-boot them slightly to meet contemporary audiences: simplified handling, sensible patter, and relevant use of sleights. Of these six effects, Kannibal Kards went straight into my performing repertoire! It is almost a card act in itself, with a fascinating story and 'twist'. It is hard to single out 'classics' as each creator designed it with a specific 'plot' in mind, so the performer would benefit from learning them all, and integrating them all in your show. You will know each originator/creator intimately by the end of your practice: Searles, Marlo, Steinmeyer (9-Card Principle), Gardner, Trost, and of course, Lelekis. Paul breathes new life and enthusiasm into each of these 'classics', and I assure you that you will likely and rightly perform these strong, time-tested, routines - which Paul has already done for us. Each of the four 'classes' in the Classic Card Magic series is a 'class act' in itself. Buy them, study them, and apply them, and enjoy your applause.
Reviewed by Doug Lippert (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Tuesday 24 May, 2016
I'm so glad Paul has decided to share more of his expert card technique with the magical fraternity. Paul is one of the top card magicians in the world and it shows when he tips his professional routining of such famous card effects such Lin Searles's "The Kannibal Kards," Nick Trost's "Brain Wave," Martin Gardner's "Spectator Cuts the Aces," and Steinmeyer's "9 Card Principle."
But Paul really shines when he tips his own card magic. Lelekis's "Psychotic Bluff Aces" is not to be missed. The big Ace reveal at the end will floor them!
Paul's handlings are superb. But, what really stands out is his attention to detail to deliver maximum impact. These routines are not the work of a fly by night 12 year old card mechanic. Paul is a pro and you'll know it by reading his card handling tips. Paul's advice on how to perform the Ascanio Spread and the Olram Subtlety are worth the price of admission by themselves.
The book is professionally produced and proof-read. An excellent addition to my magic library.
Reviewed by Roy Eidem
★★★★★ Date Added: Sunday 22 May, 2016
Paul is serious full-time pro with decades of experience whose audience tested routines entertain people in the real world.