Customer rank: +1
The following is a complete card routine created by U.F. Grant a long, long time ago. You will find it mysterious, entertaining and practically unknown by modern generations.
EFFECT: A series of bewildering effects with a deck of cards shuffled by spectators.
1. A deck of cards is shuffled by spectators. A card is chosen and returned to the deck. Performer puts cards in trouser pocket and spells the name of the chosen card. The last card results to be the chosen one.
2. A spectator now chooses another card. The deck is cut. Tell the spectators that you have X-ray eyes and can see right through the deck. Tell them their card is fifth from the top. Now you count down five cards and the fifth results to be the chosen card.
3. Write a prediction on a slip of paper. A spectator chooses another card and your prediction is correct.
4. Again you demonstrate your X-ray vision cutting the deck and naming correctly the sixth card from the top (or the second or the seventh... ).
5. This is a triple effect. The first person selects a card and returns it to the deck, as in the first effect. Cut the deck near the center and turn over the top card. Whatever the number of spots on that card, you count down to that card and have a second spectator peek at that card. Now you cut the deck again and take a card for yourself holding it face down without looking at its face. Have each spectator name the card they looked at. Then show the card you are holding: all three are the same!
6. Now for the last effect. A spectator deals the cards one at time on the table until you say stop. He looks at the card and then the deck is shuffled. Gazing in spectators eyes you are able to tell the card he has chosen! This last effect is very baffling and will fool even the knowledgeable magician. The cards can be passed for examination as there is nothing to find!
The wonderful part of this routine is that is completely automatic. There is absolutely no sleight of hand involved!
1st digital edition 2016, 6 pages.
word count: 1879 which is equivalent to 7 standard pages of text
Reviewed by Michael Lyth (confirmed purchase)
★★★★★ Date Added: Wednesday 29 June, 2016
Please do not put yourself by the low price or the work of this past master as it is well worth the learning,practice,more practice and performing to great results from your spectators