|This product is also part of:
A Further Collection of Impromptu, Sleightless, Mathematical Tricks
Nick Conticello is proud to present the third and final installment of the Potpourri series. Herewith is another collection of impromptu, sleightless, mathematical effects with cards. Each book has a theme, and this one is no exception. The entire ebook is devoted to what Nick calls the Australian Shuffle. (You may refer to it as the Down/Under Deal.)
The present work is concerned with three placement concepts. George Sands devised one in the mid-Twentieth Century. Nick published the second in Tarbell 7, and he is releasing a totally new idea in this ebook. All but one of the effects is hands-off, meaning they can be performed face-to-face or by any means of telecommunication.
PART ONE: THE SANDSPELL PRINCIPLE
- The Magic Word: A thought-of card is revealed by spelling a magic word.
- Shifting Sands: A variation of the above.
PART TWO: AUTOMATIC DOWN/UNDER PLACEMENT
- The Basic Principle Explained
- Personal Prediction: using the spectator's name.
- The Red and the Black: Two cards located in the order the spectator chooses.
PART THREE: GENERAL AUSTRALIAN SHUFFLE PLACEMENT (GASP!)
- Self Promotion 2: The performer divines the position of a chosen card in a packet of unknown size. Plus two gag effects for magicians.
- Election Process: The volunteer chooses the name of any president, where the chosen card is placed, how many cards to use and how to mix the packet, but the performer still knows where the card is.
- Telespell Routine: Three location effects using ten or fewer cards.
- An Australian Reverie: A Mindreader's Dream with a small packet containing an unknown number of cards.
AN ETHICAL DILEMMA: Brief essay on the nature of effects like those in this ebook.
Twelve effects are explained.
1st edition 2016, 27 pages.
word count: 8878 which is equivalent to 35 standard pages of text