Jim Temple's classic packet effect many of us learned early on is still a fantastic routine and has been part of Steve Pellegrino's working close-up repertoire for almost 40 years.
The classic Color Monte shines over other packet monte routines in several ways:
- No gaffed cards are required
- No table is needed
- The spectator isn't stung by getting it wrong
- It has a built-in storyline
When you work with a routine for 40 years, as Steve has, you develop touches to the routine that the original instructions don't describe. For example, Getting Ambitious With Color Monte includes:
- The psychology behind the effect helps you present a more entertaining routine.
- Revised instructions to help you with smoother handling.
- The Christ-Annemann Alignment Move is analyzed and improved.
- Three alternate endings to the $14 card.
- A logical three-card effect routine that sets Color Monte in the middle of two other classic effects.
The alternate endings are really the heart of this manuscript because one of the features of Steve's work on The Color Monte is that specially printed cards are NOT required, and you will be able to present the routine with cards in your working deck.
If you're new to Color Monte, this manuscript will tell you everything you need to know to present the routine without purchasing the packet effect. However, if you're a Color Monte veteran, you will want to read this manuscript to discover new presentations to add to your repertoire.
1st edition 2014, updated 2021, PDF 14 pages.
word count: 4373 which is equivalent to 17 standard pages of text