Customer rank: +2
Surprisingly little has been published in an encyclopedic form about the classic rising cards in English. You can find some in Greater Magic
but the rest is spread out in many books and journals. Although this publication can hardly be called an encyclopedia, it is one of only two publications in English I know which are entirely dedicated to the rising card effect (the other being 25 Rising Card Tricks
). It is a wonderful collection of a number of methods, described clearly with photos and illustrations. This was part of the Supreme 'Know How' series.
If rising cards are your thing you should also check out Samuel Cox Hooker and His Rising Cards.
1st edition 1991; original 27 pages; 50 pages.
word count: 14483 which is equivalent to 57 standard pages of text
- THE RISING CARDS (HISTORY AND COMMENT)
- THE RISING CARDS
- HOWARD THURSTON RISING CARDS
- THE DUPLICATE STACK METHOD
- DE KOLTA'S RISING CARDS
- RISING CARDS FROM OPERA HAT
- RISING CARD BOX (Jack Le Dair)
- MECHANICAL IN CLOSE-UP
- IMPROMPTU... OR NEARLY SO!
- DIGITAL MECHANISM
- SYBIL RISING CARDS
- JUMBO RISING CARDS
- FOUNTAIN OF CARDS
- DE KOLTA'S FOUNTAIN OF CARDS
- DE KOLTA'S CARD RAISING TRICK
- CASCADE OF CARDS
- A NOVEL PRESENTATION
- THE WONDERFUL FLOATING CARD TRICK
- JUMPING CARDS (The Siamese Bloodstone)
- PSYCO JUMPER
- SPECIAL EFFECTS CARDS
- - THE TURN-ROUND CARD
- - TORN CORNER CARD
- - MOVING PIP CARD