(1 customer rating) ★★★★★
ABOUT RUB-A-DUB: The rhyme is of a type calling out otherwise respectable people for disrespectable actions, in this case, ogling naked ladies - the maids. The nonsense "Rub-a-dub-dub" develops a phonetic association of social disapprobation, analogous to "tsk-tsk," albeit of a more lascivious variety.
The Rub-a-Dub Move's inauspicious beginning began in 1909 at a time when, relatively speaking, magicians had a limited number of utilitarian sleights and techniques at their disposal. Besides, the Rub-a-Dub Move happened in
the blink of an eye and was only an offbeat way to make a card disappear.
I hope this short manuscript demonstrates the usefulness of the Rub-a-Dub move. It certainly has been applied in
hundreds of ways over the years - quite a feat considering that the move takes only a few seconds to do and
always triggers a strong response.
- My Introduction to Rub-a-Dub
- Expert Card Technique's Rub-a-Dub
- Card Control's Rub-a-Dub
- Greater Magic's Rub-a-Dub
- Marlo Stirs the Plot
- Rub-a-Dubbing Deviations
- Rub-a-Dub Deluxe / Glen Morphew
- Ultra Rub-a-Dub / Allan Ackerman
- Sankey's Rub-a-Dub / Jay Sankey
- Rub 'N' Tug / Tyler Wilson
- Rub-a-Dub Gone / Edward Marlo
- Hand Sandwich / Dan Garrett
- Hands up Vanish / Jack Parker
Brick Tilley does the Rub-a-Dub:
1st edition 2022, PDF 35 pages.
word count: 6789 which is equivalent to 27 standard pages of text