14 Durham Street, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
Phone: +1 617 417 8841
Somerville, MA, USA
2000 - Present (full time since January 2009)
a digital media company - owner, founder and CEO
- E-book publisher and retailer (published more than 1000 e-books, download audios, download videos, iPhone Apps)
- innovations in content presentation
- Finalist in e-book award, the EPPIE 2004
Cambridge, MA, USA
2006 - 2008
Web Strategy & Publishing
- Strategy projects: 3rd party abstract use; e-pharma 5-year plan for online businesses; patient
- Patient Research (e-commerce platform to sell individual articles to patients); Content licensing; WiserWiki
- Manages 40 Editors-in-Chief, a portfolio of 20 computer science journals; $30M in revenue
- started new journal Entertainment Computing
- Managed several digital media innovation projects: journal homepages; enhanced PDF (meta-data; embedded
MathML; dynamic cover sheet); article management tool.
Dallas, TX, USA
1998 - 2004
Semiconductor Technology Development
- Lead technology development team (for 45nm CMOS). Main customers for this technology are Nokia and Sun-Microsystems.
- Unified parasitic capacitance extraction across Texas Instruments, which continues to be critical for a large range of products with an aggregate of several billion dollars of revenues every year.
- Presented quarterly to CTO, head of research and technology roadmap team.
- Invited speaker at international conferences, workshops and symposiums; consulting for NSF and SEMATECH
- Represented Texas Instruments at industry consortium (SRC: Semiconductor Research Corporation) for two years.
- Initiated and implemented new Linux based hardware platform and achieved a factor 20 price-performance improvement.
- Holds 9 US patents.
- Featured in MIT Technology Review, December 2004.
1996 - 1997
Logistics and Administration
MIT SLOAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENTCambridge, MA, USA
2004 - 2006
- focus on technology management, entrepreneurship, innovation, and venture capital
- member of Sloan Innovation Club and vice president of Sloan Venture Capital Club
- Media Lab: "Chris did the most successful project over the last 15 years I teach this class!" - Prof. Neil
VIENNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Vienna, Austria & Tokyo, Japan
1993 - 1997
PhD (Semiconductor- and Microelectronics)
- first two years of PhD in Japan at Tokyo University (1993-1995)
- Won Dr. Ernst Fehrer Award (largest monetary award the University issues to students)
- Received patent for nano-electronic memory device. Patent issued in USA and Austria.
- Developed and marketed nano-electronic simulation software (SIMON), licensed by more than 300 institutions worldwide, such as Stanford, Cornell, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, NIST, Naval Research Lab, Cavendish Lab, Princeton, MIT, ...
- Master in Electrical & Electronic Engineering with focus on Telecommunication
- Published two books and several peer reviewed articles in journals and conference proceedings, such as Journals of the IEEE, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics and others.
OTHER Achievements & skills
- Published author at Springer Publishing with book on nano-electronics.
- Fluent in German and English. Basic Japanese.
- Private Helicopter License.
- Played Basketball in the top national league in Austria (Silver medalist in National Championship).
- Coached Basketball team and won championship.
- Founding member of first Austrian Society of American Magicians (SAM) assembly and member of IBM (International Brotherhood of Magicians) and 1. Wiener Zaubertheater.