Customer rank: -1
Part 1 in a series of releases containing all new material designed with the intent of providing real world close up magicians with fresh, practical material.
Six brand new, never before published effects fresh from the mind of Dave Forrest. The material contained within has been carefully selected to be both entertaining and practical. This is not a 'read it once' release. It is filled with effects that you will actually use in the real world for real people. Fandango Part 1 - all killer, no filler!
- Missing the Aces - An attempt to cut directly to a selected card goes awry but the error is quickly forgotten when all four Aces suddenly appear and the selection is found reversed in the deck!
- Card Sharp - An impossible revelation of a signed, folded card. Prepare yourself for a "why didn't I think of that" moment.
- Seal the Deal - How to cheat at cards. First remove an Ace from the deck ahead of time and sleeve it, but don't forget to genuinely re-seal the entire deck in its cellophane.
- Brunch at Tiffanies - A borrowed ring sealed in the card case transposes with a borrowed coin. Then, it happens again!
- Monterrey Jacks - The Jacks trap two selections, one in the deck, the other in the spectator's hands. This trick is so easy and effective it should be illegal!
- Royale with Threes - An impossible sandwich effect with an eye popping 'four of a kind production' kicker.
What the pro's are saying...
"Dave Forrest has established himself as one of the most creative minds in magic today. 'Fandango' is further proof of this. Both 'Seal the Deal' and 'Card Sharp' are so commercial, they have earned a spot in my mental rolodex of magic. This is a major accomplishment, as real estate upstairs is tight, and reserved for only the finest magic, and this is mighty fine magic." – Sean Fields
1st edition 2007; 31 pages.word count: 9033 which is equivalent to 36 standard pages of text
"I don't know how you do it, I really don't. The material in 'Fandango' is fantastic as usual. I've been doing 'Royale with Threes' ever since you showed it to me (I performed it at The Magic Circle last month) and I love it! It's just occurred to me that I perform more of your material in my shows than of any other magician (including me!)." – Iain Moran
"It’s obvious that Dave thinks deeply about his magic, tight solid construction and clarity of effect are evident throughout all of these excellent routines." - George McBride
"...the sealed deck gimmick is certainly getting made soon!" – Ian Kendal
"...I think the sealed deck gimmick is superb!" – Peter Duffie