An insight into the mind, mechanics and devilry of a card cheat.
"...It was 13 years ago today when I almost lost my life cheating at cards, and what more poignant a day to release a book on the subject. It is a hope that How to Cheat at Cards will be one of my final publications on deception with playing cards. The book began in 1995 as The Card Cheat Handbook and as it offers no new light on card table artifice, it always remained in my private journals. As I dedicate more and more time to other obsessions in the deceptive practices, I am inevitably moving slowly away from the small branch of deception with playing cards, and this is a book that I would have regret never sharing during my time in the art.
What you will read in this book is not original, such techniques have been published for hundreds of years, yet rarely taught directly from experience. It is not my goal to offer a profound study or revelations of any kind, I simply offer a detailed exposure of the techniques that I have been successful with, refined and sharpened at poker tables over fifteen years..." - D. Madison 18th August 2011
- False Dealing: The Madison Grip. Fair Dealing. The Bottom Deal. The Greek Deal. The Second Deal. The Centre Deal.
- False Shuffling: The Upper Grip. Overhand Shuffle. Chop Shuffle. Riffle Shuffle. Hindu Shuffle. Swing Cut. Table Riffle Shuffle (Push-Through). Strip Out. Gamblers Cut. Ladder Cut. Blackjack Strip Shuffle. Coat Shuffle. Bottom Shuffle.
- Marked Playing Cards: Punching. Bending. Nicking. Score Marking. Blood Marking System.
- Peeking: Double Bubble Peek. Table Shuffle Peeking. ITH Shuffle Peeking.
- Holding Out: Slaine. Diagonal Cop. The Dead Bug. Rear Load Palm.
- Cheating The Cut: Classic Pass. Stalling Pass. Covered Table Pass.
- The Cold Deck: Nihil Timendum Est
1st edition 2011, 172 pages.
word count: 36432 which is equivalent to 145 standard pages of text