- CARDINI He seemed bewildered by his own magic
- BLACKSTONE "The Last of the Great Magicians"
- LEON MANDRAKE He wore a turban or a top hat - depending on the gig
- DUNNINGER Was it true that the renowned mindreader couldn't read the mind of a gnat?
- DAVENPORT BROTHERS Their spirit cabinet brought them fame. But were they mediums or magicians?
- PROFESSOR NEUMAN He had misread a mind - and the police hauled him away
- THE GREAT LESTER Did he have the exclusive rights to that name?
- GEORGES MÉLIÈS A magician who transformed himself into a filmmaker
- CHARLIER No one knew where he came from - or where he finally went
- MAX MALINI He learned his trade as a youth, in a bar on the Bowery
- MYRUS THE MENTALIST An ordinary fellow with extraordinary powers?
- JOHN CALVERT At the age of a hundred he was still performing
- DE SARAK Was he a Tibetan adept, with psychic powers, or an egregious fraud?
- THE BANANA MAN From the pockets of his coat he pulled hundreds of bananas
- PROFESSOR SOLOMON As promised, he produced an elephant (or at least its trunk)
- DANTINI THE MAGNIFICENT Magician-in-residence at a Baltimore bar
1st edition 2015, 160 pages
word count: 45854 which is equivalent to 183 standard pages of text